- Charter of Directors & Commissioners of PT Maybank Asset Management (Maybank AM)
Responsibilities of the Board of Directors
The Board of Directors must carry out the management of Investment Manager in good intention, prudence, and full responsibility including in the implementation of Investment Manager Governance at all levels of the organization and shall be responsible for carrying out its duties to shareholders in the General Meeting of Shareholders.
Responsibilities of the Board of Commissioners
The Board of Commissioners is obliged to control the implementation of Governance, management policies, the way of managing the Investment Manager in general, and providing advice to the Board of Directors including directing, monitoring, and evaluating the implementation of the Investment Manager’s strategic policies.
- PT Maybank Asset Management’s Code of Ethics
The Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct Maybank AM establishes principles that will guide all employees, the Board of Commissioners, the Board of Directors and third parties who have cooperation/are employed with Maybank AM in carrying out their duties.
T Teamwork, work together as a team based on mutual respect and dignity.
I Integrity, honest, professional and ethical in all dealings.
G Growth, passionate about constant improvement and innovation.
E Excellence and Efficiency, committed to delivering outstanding performance and superior service.
R Relationship Building, continuously build long-term and mutually beneficial partnership.
Responsibility to PT Maybank Asset Management
- Our decisions and actions must be in accordance with Maybank AM’s Code of Ethics and the Code of Conduct, all applicable legal and statutory provisions and Maybank AM’s internal policies.
- We are obliged to maintain the confidentiality of all information relating to Maybank AM customers including information about customer’s accounts and transactions and not disclose confidential information especially those that will harm Maybank AM’s image and reputation on social media.
- We are obliged to always ensure the completeness and accuracy of records/records, documents, reports must be kept in accordance with legal provisions, applicable regulations and/or in accordance with Maybank AM policies.
- We must be sensitive and alert to any possible use of Maybank AM as a means of crime, especially criminal acts of money laundering and funding of terrorism activities, by conducting due diligence of prospective customers/customers in accordance with applicable procedures.
- We comply with Maybank AM’s policies regarding “Acceptance of Gifts and Entertainment” in terms of receiving or giving gifts or entertainment to/from third parties, including not limited to Customers, suppliers/vendors or consultants.
- Whistleblowing: illegal actions/indications or malpractice must be of our concern and must be reported to Maybank AM’s Management (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Description of Risk Management, Compliance and Internal Audit.
Maybank AM implements written policies and procedures related to the supervision of Maybank AM’s behavior and activities to support the creation of Maybank AM compliance with capital market regulations, Financial Services Authority Regulations and Capital Market sector legislation, and Maybank AM internal regulations and/or Maybank AM standard operating procedures.
Maybank AM implements written policies and procedures related to risk management that periodically identify and monitor risk positions as a whole and per risk type including steps that must be carried out if these risks occur.
Maybank AM plans, controls and records all internal audit activities and then prepares internal audit reports after each internal audit is submitted to the Board of Commissioners.
The functions of risk management, compliance and internal audit act independently and have unlimited access to other functions of Investment Managers related to their duties to ensure compliance with the implementation of the functions of the Investment Manager.